The Sweatshop Southern Athletics League is the area track and field league for clubs in the SEAA region who wish to compete in joint (male & female) teams.
The league obtained a grant from UKA in 2011 and has been sponsored by Sweatshop since 2012. In 2016, they will be providing 250 tyvek numbers for every club in the league. Sadly, there will be no Men/Women-of-the-Division Awards in 2016.
- The 2017 fixtures for all Divisions are now available on this website.
- The AGM of the Sweatshop Southern Athletics League will take place on Friday 18 November, at the Friends Meeting House, 173 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ (opposite Euston Station), starting at 7.30pm. Refreshments will be available from 6.30pm.
- The following teams qualified for the paper match to decide the final two promotion places from Division 3 to Division 2: Victoria Park & Tower Hamlets, Harlow, City of Salisbury, Aldershot, Farnham & District, Herne Hill Harriers and Epsom & Ewell AC. The paper match was conducted by the League Secretary and the top two teams were Herne Hill Harriers and Aldershot, Farnham & District. Congratulations to both of them.
- Congratulations to Southampton AC's Louise Webb who broke the British 2000mSc record with 6:26.08 at the Sweatshop SAL match at Milton Keynes on 16 April.
- Please be aware that, following UKA rule changes, only athletes affiliated to England Athletics (or one of the other home countries) will be able to compete in the Sweatshop SAL. Athletes affiliated in 2015 will have until 30 June to renew their affiliation.
- Promotion and Demotion in 2016:
At the end of the season the top two clubs in each Division 2 will be promoted to replace the bottom four clubs in Division 1. The bottom 4 clubs in Division 2 will be demoted, with the top 2 teams from each Division 3 automatically promoted. The final 2 promotion slots from Division 3 will be filled following a paper match (using SAL results only) between the third and fourth clubs in each Division 3.
- The 2016 Sweatshop SAL Rankings on Power of Ten can be found here.