The Sweatshop Southern Athletics League is the area track and field league for clubs in the SEAA region who wish to compete in joint (male & female) teams.
The league obtained a grant from UKA in 2011 and has been sponsored by Sweatshop since 2012. They will be providing 250 numbers for every club plus vouchers for man- and woman-of the division awards for each division.
- Welcome to Hercules Wimbledon, Ilford AC and Medway & Maidstone who have joined the Sweatshop SAL for 2015. Invicta East Kent will join with Medway Park Phoenix, Camberley AC will join with Woking, and Dereham will join with West Norfolk to form composite teams for 2015
- The 2015 fixtures for Division one, and Division 2 East, are now available on this website.
- The Sweatshop has very kindly agreed to sponsor the SAL again in 2015. The bib numbers will be posted to the first-match hosts towards the end of March.
- The Sweatshop SAL AGM was held on 12 December 2014. Two motions were passed. The first was to increase the second height in the pole vault for Divisions 1 and 2 to 1.70m for women and 1.90m for men. The second was to replace the women's 3000m by a 5000m in match 4 on an experimental basis in 2015 (and to switch round the 1500mSc and 2000mSc for all matches).
- Clubs that wish to join or to continue in the Sweatshop SAL in 2015 should complete the Application Form on the Documents page and send it to Ray Gibbins with a cheque for £50 asap.
- All the 2014 results are now on the website, the records have been updated, and the Divisional Men and Women have been sorted out. The current League rankings can be viewed at Power of Ten SAL Rankings.
- Twenty two overall League Records have been recorded in 2014. All new overall League Record holders will receive a medal after the AGM.
- For 2015, the top two teams in each of Divisions 2N and 2S will be promoted and the bottom four clubs in Division 1 will be relegated. The bottom four clubs in both Division 2N and Division 2S will be relegated and the top four clubs in Divisions 3N and 3S will be promoted.