The Sweatshop Southern Athletics League is the area track and field league for clubs in the SEAA region who wish to compete in joint (male & female) teams.
The league obtained a grant from UKA in 2011 and has been sponsored by Sweatshop since 2012. In 2016, they will be providing 250 tyvek numbers for every club in the league. Sadly, there will be no Men/Women-of-the-Division Awards in 2016.
- The following teams qualified for the paper match to decide the final two promotion places from Division 3 to Division 2: Victoria Park & Tower Hamlets, Harlow, City of Salisbury, Aldershot, Farnham & District, Herne Hill Harriers and Epsom & Ewell AC. The paper match was conducted by the League Secretary and the top two teams were Herne Hill Harriers and Aldershot, Farnham & District. Congratulations to both of them.
- Congratulations to Southampton AC's Louise Webb who broke the British 2000mSc record with 6:26.08 at the Sweatshop SAL match at Milton Keynes on 16 April.
- Please be aware that, following UKA rule changes, only athletes affiliated to England Athletics (or one of the other home countries) will be able to compete in the Sweatshop SAL. Athletes affiliated in 2015 will have until 30 June to renew their affiliation.
- Promotion and Demotion in 2016:
At the end of the season the top two clubs in each Division 2 will be promoted to replace the bottom four clubs in Division 1. The bottom 4 clubs in Division 2 will be demoted, with the top 2 teams from each Division 3 automatically promoted. The final 2 promotion slots from Division 3 will be filled following a paper match (using SAL results only) between the third and fourth clubs in each Division 3.
All the 2016 Fixtures have now be input to the Sweatshop SAL website. One venue for Division 3SE remains to be confirmed. If you can host this match, please let Ray Gibbins know.
- The UKA Permits (one for each Division) are available on the Documents page.
- The Sweatshop SAL welcomes new members Chiltern Harriers, Fleet & Crookham, Guildford & Godalming, Harlow AC, Herne Hill Harriers, Kent AC, Newquay & Par, Paddock Wood AC, Reading AC, South London Harriers, Swale Combined AC, Thanet AC, Victoria Park & Tower Hamlets and Windsor, Slough, Eton & Hounslow for 2016.
- Clubs are reminded that they should have completed the 2016 Application Form (from the documents page) and sent it to Fixtures Secretary, Ray Gibbins, together with a cheque for £50, by 30 September 2015
- All the final league tables, athletes of the division, and records update for 2015 have been completed.
- The 2015 Sweatshop SAL Rankings on Power of Ten can be found here.